Thursday, August 16, 2012

I'm new to blogging so please forgive me in advance for any mistakes I may make.
I recently indie published a book on Smashwords.com and was absolutely thrilled I actually did it. It took me over two years to write the book and a month to get up the courage to publish it. I learned how to do many things in the process of uploading a copy that worked.

The Table of Contents was a real challenge to get to work right. But I finally got it to work. Word 2011 for the Mac is what I used. Bookmark and hyperlink with a normal paragraph style for the TOC is what worked eventually. I had tried to use the word toc feature and that didn't work at all in the epub format.

The book I published is "The Crystals of Tlalli: Awakened Affinities" and is available on Amazon or Barns and Noble or Smashwords.com.

Now that that is over. I am working on writing another book in the series and still trying to learn the self publishing game. There is a lot to learn.

Not knowing how to market my book or what steps to take next is a little frustrating. I have found Creatspace.com has a lot of information about the whole process and it has helped me this far.

Smashwords has books for free about the publishing process also and I have used them as well.

Well that's it for now thanks to everyone who reads this for well reading it. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment